Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited,
we or us
Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07410578 whose registered office is at 14 Cliffe High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2AH;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.goldfinchs.co.uk or www.lewesdrycleaners.co.uk, and any sub domains of these sites unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel; e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need consent, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in: a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out. b. for other types of e-marketing, are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that well provide. c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
12. When you register with us and setup an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to enable our drivers to collect and deliver your garments;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: clean@Goldfinchs.co.uk.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect put information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data: a. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why. b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems. d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it. e. Right to data portability – the right to request that move, copy or transfer your Data. f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: vip@Goldfinch’sdrycleaners.co.uk.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, maybe able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICOS contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners Limited by email at
Goldfinch’s Dry Cleaners has been an established Dry Cleaners for over 20 years, we pride ourselves in the quality we provide to our customers. We have invested heavily in state-of-the-art machinery to enable a vastly more environmentally friendly service with superior cleaning results for your garments. Combined with a collection & delivery service; we consider ourselves to be one of Sussex’s most efficient and professional garment cleaning firms.
Goldfinch's Professional Dry Cleaners
14 Cliffe High Street, Lewes BN7 2AH
*Free Pick Up and Delivery: minimum order value and geographic limits apply. Call for details.
GOLDFINCH'S DRY CLEANERS LIMITED - Company number 07410578
Reg VAT No: GB: 123 765 123